Changes to Student Visas as of 1 July 2016 – The New Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)
The Student Visa system has undergone a major overhaul and new visa application arrangements known as the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) will commence as of 1 July 2016.
Presently there are 8 student visa subclasses, all of which will cease on that date. They will be replaced with two new subclasses: –
- 1. Student Visa Subclass 500; and
- 2. Student Guardian Subclass 590.
There will be changes relating to:
- The processing arrangements:
- A new risk profile matrix; and
- Changes to both the financial and evidentiary requirements.
For assistance in relation to your Application or for more information, please contact us on (07) 3211 4920 or alternatively via email at [email protected]