- Phone :(07) 3211 4920
- Email[email protected]
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor, High Court of Australia
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Legal Practice Management Course, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Legal Education and Training, University of Queensland
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
As an Experienced Senior Family Lawyer practising for over 12 years and having worked in some of Brisbane’s top specialist family law firms, Gavin has extensive experience in all aspects of Family Law, particularly complex property settlement and parenting cases (including international family law matters). Gavin assists clients to remain focused on the “big picture” and achieving the most economic overall outcome, rather than allowing matters to become entrenched in the emotive conflict that Family Law cases often involve.
Gavin is determined on exhausting alternative dispute resolution techniques (negotiation and mediation) before invoking court intervention. Gavin enjoys positive working relationships with many other professionals – accountants, forensic experts, valuers, counsellors, psychologists, psychiatrists, barristers and other lawyers – to achieve early and harmonious resolutions for clients. Gavin is able to quickly identify which of these experts will be able to assist his clients to an earlier resolution.
Gavin services clients living in Queensland, Australia and overseas via internet services. Gavin believes in giving back to the community. As such, Gavin is a registered Volunteer at the Caxton Legal Centre and is a Mentor of the University of Queensland Law Mentor Program and the QUT Career Mentor Scheme respectively. Gavin has recently authored and contributed three articles to Queensland Law Society’s flagship publication, “Proctor.” A copy of these articles is available upon request.
Gavin is also a regular contributor to “Case Watch” which provides members of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland with a brief insight into significant recent cases in Family Law.